Public drinking water

The Municipality of Dysart et al provides free drinking water at water bottle refill stations and outdoor water taps.

Water bottle refill stations

  • Water Bottle Refill Station near Haliburton Junction Skate Park, at the side of the Dysart Municipal Office, 728 Mountain St, Haliburton
  • Water Bottle Refill Station in Head Lake Park, across from the Rails End Gallery, 23 York Street, Haliburton
  • Water Bottle Refill Station at Haliburton Highlands Museum, 66 Museum Road, Haliburton
  • Water Bottle Refill Station at West Guilford Community Centre, 1061 Kennisis Lake Road, West Guilford

Outdoor water taps

  • A. J. LaRue Arena, 728 Mountain St, Haliburton
  • West Guilford Community Centre, 1061 Kennisis Lake Road, West Guilford

Well water

All properties in the Municipality of Dysart et al rely on well water for drinking water.

Visit the Haliburton Kawarthra Pine Ridge District Health Unit's website for information about well water. You should regularly have your well water tested by the Health Unit.

Sewers

Haliburton Sewage Treatment PlantThe Haliburton Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) is located in the Village of Haliburton.

The original STP and collection system, including four pumping stations, were constructed in 1975 to service the Village of Haliburton. In 1983, a study was prepared to extend the sewage collection system to several resorts located along the north shore of Lake Kashagawigamog. In 1985, approval was applied for to construct the North Kashagawigamog sewer extension, but prior to granting approval the Ministry of the Environment (MOE) required a capacity study to be conducted on the existing STP. The capacity study concluded that the existing STP did not have sufficient capacity to accommodate the anticipated future flow from the town and the extended service areas, and therefore recommended an expansion to the existing STP.

The expansion of the Haliburton STP required a Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) to be conducted, which began in May 1988. The Class EA process was completed and a design for the expanded STP was finalized in 1994. Construction for the expansion began in 1994 and the new facilities were commissioned in 1995. Following the completion of the upgraded STP work began on the installation of the new collection system which included various sizes of gravity collection systems and seven pumping stations. An eighth pumping station was constructed and commissioned in late 2004.

Contact Us

Subscribe iconSubscribe to this Page