General Review – Zoning By-law 2005-120
The Municipality of Dysart et al is undertaking a review of its Comprehensive Zoning By-law pursuant to Section 26(9) and 34 of Planning Act R.S.0., 1990, c.P13, as amended. The review will result in an amendment to the Zoning By-law to:
- a) Ensure the Zoning By-law conforms to the policy provisions of the Municipality of Dysart et al Official Plan, approved by the County of Haliburton on May 18th, 2018; and
- b) Ensure that the planning policies of the Municipality are current and address the needs of the community.
ANTICIPATED WORK PLAN:
The following is a proposed, tentative work plan for the general review process:
January – March, 2020
- – Staff prepares preliminary assessment of the scope of the general review.
March, 2020 (completed May 5th, 2020)
- – Council discussion and direction to staff regarding scope of the update.
- – Council reviews Work Plan.
March – June, 2020 (completed)
- – Staff prepare background material and reports for Council.
- – Update mapping and illustrations.
- – Issues summarized and consolidated and then posted to website.
- – Council reviews draft zoning by-law.
- – Draft zoning by-law and maps posted to website.
- – Staff advertises for Open House.
- – Public Open House – discuss and receive comment on draft zoning amendment – August 14th, 2020. (Due to COVID-19 pandemic and the Emergency Order issued by the Ontario Government, this meeting may be held electronically)
- – Council to discuss feedback from Open House and give staff direction.
- – Proposed zoning by-law amendment revised based on direction from Council.
- – Statutory Public Meeting – September 22nd, 2020. (Due to COVID-19 pandemic and the Emergency Order issued by the Ontario Government, this meeting may be held electronically)
- – Council to discuss feedback from Public Meeting and give direction to staff.
- – Proposed zoning by-law amendment revised based upon Council direction.
- – Council reviews and considers final Zoning By-law amendment – October 27th, 2020.
- Additional meetings may be held as required with key stakeholders and to resolve public concerns. The specific timing of each step may change depending on the progress of the review and/or issues that require further discussion.
Proposed Amendments to the By-law:
Proposed Zoning By-law Schedules and Illustrations:
- A Citizens Guide to Land Use Planning
- Provincial Policy Statement 2020
- County of Haliburton Official Plan
- Municipality of Dysart Official Plan
The dates for the Open House and Statutory Public Meeting will be advertised in the Haliburton Echo and posted on the Municipal website: www.dysartetal.ca
The following tentative schedule is anticipated:
- Public Open House: August 14th, 2020
- Statutory Public Meeting: September 22nd, 2020
- Council meeting to consider final By-law – October 27th, 2020
HOW TO CONTACT US:
You are encouraged to attend meetings, review all documents and comment on the proposed by-law amendment. If the Open House and Public Meeting are held electronically, staff have prepared an Electronic Public Meeting – Public Participation Guide to assist with this process.
For further information, and to submit your comments, please contact:
Director of Planning and Land Information
Municipality of Dysart et al
P.O. Box 389
Phone: (705) 457-1740 ext. 625
Fax: (705) 457-1964