DYSART ET AL OFFICIAL PLAN – 5 YEAR REVIEW AND UPDATE
The Dysart et al Official Plan is the key policy document that guides all municipal decisions on land use within the Municipality. Clear thoughtful polices will create healthy communities, protect our natural environment, support and encourage a strong, healthy economy and guide sustainable resource use and development.
The Municipality of Dysart et al is undertaking a review of its Official Plan according to the direction provided by Section 26 of the Planning Act R.S.O. 1990, c.P.13, as amended. The purpose of the review is to ensure that the Plan:
- - conforms with Provincial plans or does not conflict with them;
- - has regard to the matters of provincial interest listed in Section 2 of the Planning Act;
- - is consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement;
- - conforms to the direction provided by the County of Haliburton Official Plan; and
- - promotes planning policies and designations, including the designation of employment lands, that are current, relevant and meet the needs of the Municipality.
- July 27, 2015: Special Meeting of Council to introduce the plan review program and obtain initial public input.
- August 2, 2016 (2 to 4 PM): Public open house to discuss proposed official plan.
- August 8, 2017 (2 to 4 PM): Public meeting to discuss draft official plan.
DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE TO YOU:
- A Citizen’s Guide to Land Use Planning
- Provincial Policy Statement, 2014:
- County of Haliburton Official Plan and Official Plan review programme
- County of Haliburton Growth Management Study
- County of Haliburton Housing Demand and Supply Analysis
- County of Haliburton Housing Strategy
- County of Haliburton Tree Preservation By-law
- Dysart Official Plan, 2015 office consolidation:
- Proposed Official Plan:
- Proposed Revisions – 17-06-26:
- Proposed Official Plan Schedules:
HOW TO CONTACT US:
You are encouraged to attend meetings, review all documents and comment on policy initiatives for the Dysart Official Plan. For further information and to submit your comments, please contact:
Patricia Martin B.E.S., M.C.I.P., R.P.P.
Director of Planning and Development
Municipality of Dysart et al
P.O. Box 389